- Home Pages
- About Us
- The MLA
- ARAC Members
ARAC MLA Signatories
- Media Center
ILAC&IAF Evaluation of ARAC Secretariat
As a first step of the IAF&ILAC Evaluation of ARAC, the following IAF&ILAC Evaluation team members conducted the Evaluation of ARAC Secretariat during the period 20-22 September 2016 in ARAC offices, Rabat, Morocco, with the participation of ARAC Chair and ARAC MLA Committee Chair:
- Mr Peter Unger, the IAF&ILAC Peer Evaluation Team Leader
- Mr Stefan Schramm, the IAF&ILAC Deputy Peer Evaluation Team Leader
The objectives of the evaluation of ARAC Secretariat is to evaluate the ARAC management system, the ARAC MLA, competence of its personnel and implementation of the peer evaluation process and their its compliance with the IAF/ILAC requirements, especially including in:
- ILAC/IAF A1 “IAF-ILAC Multi-Lateral Mutual Recognition Arrangements (Arrangements): Requirements and Procedures for Evaluation of a Regional Group”,
- ILAC/IAF A2 “IAF-ILAC Multi-Lateral Mutual Recognition Arrangements (Arrangements): Requirements and Procedures for Evaluation of a Single Accreditation Body”,
- IAF ML 4:2015 MLA Policies and Procedures for a Multilateral Recognition Arrangement (MLA) on the Level of Single Accreditation Bodies and on the Level of Regional Groups.
The scope of this evaluation according to ILAC&IAF arrangements is the following:
- Initial evaluation for ILAC: Testing, Calibration, Medical and Inspection
- Initial evaluation for IAF: Quality Management System, Environmental Management System and Food Safety Management System.
The results of the peer evaluation of ARAC Secretariat was very satisfactory and positive; the ILAC&IAF Peer evaluation team members have identified two Nonconformities, one Concern and four Comments. (See Annex II describing the findings raised during this evaluation). ARAC Secretariat is working on the action plan which will be sent to the IAF&ILAC Peer evaluation team for their feedback.
As a conclusion of this evaluation, the evaluation team confirmed that the overall operation of the ARAC Secretariat is in accordance with the requirements of ILAC and IAF. In particular:
- ARAC has documented and implemented a management system that complies with IAF/ILAC A1 and IAF ML 4;
- Based upon the records held on the ARAC Secretariat’s computer, ARAC operates its Arrangement for testing, calibration, medical testing, inspection, QMS, EMS, and FSMS scopes in accordance with IAF/ILAC A1, IAF/ILAC A2 and IAF ML 4;
- The peer evaluation process that is documented and implemented by ARAC mirrors that described in IAF/ILAC A2 and IAF ML 4;
- The process for selection and qualification of peer evaluators is documented and implemented by ARAC consistent with that described in IAF/ILAC A2;
- Up to now, ARAC is fulfilling its Arrangement obligations under IAF/ILAC A1 and IAF ML 4.
In addition, the ILAC&IAF Peer evaluation team members provided a report describing in details on how the ARAC management system and peer evaluation process comply with the requirements of IAF/ILAC A1, IAF/ILAC A2 and IAF ML 4.
It was agreed with the ILAC&IAF Peer evaluation team members on the witnessing of the 3 ARAC evaluations as following:
- 9-13 October 2016: the ARAC Peer Evaluation of the Jordanian Accreditation Body JAS-JAU;
- 8-12 January 2017: the ARAC Peer Evaluation of the Algerian Accreditation Body ALGERAC;
- 19-23 March 2017: the ARAC Peer Evaluation of the Egyptian Accreditation Body EGAC;
It was also discussed with the ILAC&IAF evaluation team on the witnessing of the upcoming MLA Group meetings.